Walton's Façade: An Entertainment
June 20, 2021 | 3:00 PM - 4:00 PMBuy Tickets Add to my Calendar
About the Repertoire: “Walton’s Façade: An Entertainment…in the garden” is an exciting series of poems by Edith Sitwell (1887-1964), accompanied by instrumentals composed by William Walton (1902-1983). Despite being highly controversial for its absurdist avant-garde nature upon its debut in 1922, Walton’s Façade: An Entertainment survived its notoriety to become an essential tongue in cheek classic.
Featured Weidner Philharmonic performers include: Kortney James (Flute), Rich Tengowski (Clarinet), Sam Stranz (Saxophone), Adam Gaines (Trumpet), Michael Dewhirst (Cello) and Bill Sallak (Percussion). With narration by Courtney Sherman, under the direction of Randy Meder.
About the Weidner Philharmonic:
Buoyed by the strong community response to the orchestral concert that opened its 25th anniversary season in 2018, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay music faculty and UW-Green Bay’s Weidner Center for the Performing Arts, announced the establishment of the Weidner Center Philharmonic Orchestra. The Weidner Philharmonic will showcase the talents of UW-Green Bay music faculty, as well as other accomplished orchestral musicians who live and work in the region, in the outstanding acoustical environment of Cofrin Family Hall.
Door Opening Times
Directions & Parking
Parking is free, but limited on the Garden’s grounds. Parking volunteers will direct you to available spots. Please drive slowly when approaching the Garden and watch for directional parking signs. Overflow parking is made available near the Garden, please watch for parking volunteers directing traffic and overflow parking signage.
It is our intent to make every concert experience accessible to every guest. Green Bay Botanical Garden is an accessible facility and proudly complies with ADA regulations.
Barrier-free and ADA areas are in the Fischer Overlook Arbor and Mabel Thome Patio. View a map of the barrier-free ADA seating locations. Guests wishing to sit in one of these areas may be accompanied by a companion (or more if room is available). Guests in wheelchairs have priority—a very limited number of wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis in the Fischer Visitor Center.
A golf cart will assist guests with mobility needs around the Schneider Family Grand Garden from the lower level patio to the Concessions Building, Cowles Terrace, etc. during the concert and after the concert. This service is provided to Garden guests with mobility issues. Service starts when doors open and is located by the light pole at the Woodland Garden entrance. The service will last 30 minutes after the concert ends to help with shuttling guests back up to the lower level patio.
Parking Staff will direct concertgoers with vehicles displaying an ADA license plate or card to the ADA parking areas (18 available spots). Guests with accessible needs can also be dropped off close to the Garden’s entrance by pulling into the circle driveway.
Due to COVID-19, there will NOT be two golf carts to assist guests with mobility needs from the Garden’s parking lot to the Garden’s front door. Guest can pull into the Garden’s circle driveway to unload. Once guests check-in they can ask for a golf cart ride from the Fischer Visitor Center down to the Schneider Family Grand Garden.
Service animals are welcome, but please leave pets and Emotional Support Animals (ESAs) at home. Please let us know you have a service animal when you arrive so we can make our staff aware. View frequently asked questions about service animals and the ADA.
Know Before You Go
What does COVID-19 Mean for Concerts?
- When making your reservation, you will select a timed entry beginning at 1:30 pm, every 15 minutes until 3:00 pm. You must enter the Garden based on your timed entry to check-in.
- There will be ushers who will help you find your space on the Grand Lawn, ensuring groups maintain the necessary physical distancing.
- In the case of rain, a decision will be communicated by 2 pm on Saturday, May 22 if the concert will be rescheduled. Please watch our website and Facebook for an update. The rain date will be June 20 at 3:00 pm.
- No golf cart shuttles will be made available in the parking lot due to physical distancing. Guests with mobility concerns can be drop-off at the Garden’s circle driveway.
- The Garden will be selling single serve beverages in a can or bottle at the concessions building only. No alcohol or beverage carry-ins allowed. Feel free to bring in your own picnic.
- Face coverings are required inside buildings and while actively moving around outside in the Garden’s space. Face coverings are not required when actively eating or drinking.
- Extra sanitizing stations will be located throughout the Garden.
- We ask guests to maintain proper physical distancing of 6ft.
- Please bring a blanket or lawn chair to sit in the Grand lawn.