Cognitive Behavioral Therapy & Mindfulness
Richard Sears, PsyD, PhD, MBA, ABPP
- Explain the most recent research findings that relate to the effectiveness of CBT and mindfulness.
- Identify symptoms-specific treatment protocols combining CBT and mindfulness methods.
- Explain the three levels of cognition and how this relates to our different mental states.
- Combine the CBT thought record with the basic strategies of mindfulness training.
- Implement treatments that help clients cope with cognitive distortions and intense emotions.
- Evaluate the importance of a personal mindfulness practice for the therapist.