*Please note: Purchasing with mobile devices during a presale is not supported at this time. Please use only a laptop or a desktop computer when ordering a presale ticket.
What is an event pre-sale?
In order for you to best understand what a pre-sale opportunity means we would like to remind you that:
1. A pre-sale offers you the opportunity to purchase a ticket prior to the public on-sale. It does not guarantee you front row seats or privileges beyond the right to buy in advance.
2. Pre-sales are always online and seat selection is offered to you on a "best available" basis. If you want a specific location, a pre-sale may not be right for you. The ticket system chooses seats based on what the tour believes to be best available. This may not correspond to an individual's preference.
3. Since hundreds of customers could be online at the same time accessing the same inventory, seats could be available one minute and not the next. So complete your purchase only when you are happy with the selection because once purchased there are no returns.
4. Please note that some events have ticket limits. If none is listed there is no limit. If a limit is noted, that will be the maximum number of tickets you will be able to purchase in one transaction.
5. The tour/promoter often limits the number of tickets available during a pre-sale for each price level. Although the venue has thousands of seats, not all of them are available during a pre-sale and a pre-sale allotment could very well sell out.
6. Pre-sales require a promocode. If you do not have a code you will be unable to purchase.
If you have any questions please call (800) 895-0071 Monday-Friday from 11am-5pm.