REO Speedwagon and Styx with Ted Nugent
The Midwest Rock n' Roll Express 2013
- May 17 , 2013
$100, $58.50, $35, $25
- Buy Tickets Now
16 Person Suite $1600, 20 Person Suite $2000, 26 Person Suite $2600, 32 Person Suite $3200
For suite information contact Cindy at 920-676-8883 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For ticket information contact TicketStar at 800-895-0071
STYX, REO SPEEDWAGON AND TED NUGENT “THE MIDWEST ROCK ‘N ROLL EXPRESS" & STYX'S ROCK TO THE RESCUE CHARITY
April 22, 2013 - At every stop along the “The Midwest Rock ‘N Roll Express” tour, STYX’s Rock to the Rescue charity organization will be giving away a guitar signed by all three acts as part of a silent raffle. 75% of the proceeds will be donated to a local charity in Boston to help victims of the recent explosions. The remaining 25% will be given to local charities in the respective tour market.
"Like all Americans, we have watched the events in Boston and wondered what we could we do to help. We know the fans of all three bands will once again rise with us to help our friends in Boston. We Are Boston!” -- STYX
"We feel such sadness for those innocent people in Boston who have suffered so much and are still suffering now. We think of those victims of senseless violence as we sign the guitar which is to be donated on their behalf each night. In our small way, we do what we do." -- REO Speedwagon
“The Nugent band and family are surrounded by Americans who care deeply about each other and are dedicated to give all we got in times of need. We again face a tragedy that we can all help with, and are proud of this charitable heart and soul effort.” – Ted Nugent
Spearheaded by Tommy Shaw’s daughter, Hannah Shaw, Rock to the Rescue is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, whose mission is to build strong, healthy communities through the support of grassroots organizations across the country. As of last year, at every STYX tour date Rock to the Rescue partners with a local group to give back through community outreach, fundraising, and volunteer support.
May 8, 21012 - Last year’s debut of “The Midwest Rock ‘n Roll Express” tour, recognized by Rolling Stone as one of the “Ten Hottest Summer Package Tours of 2012,” was such a huge success that Rock’s finest from the Midwest— REO Speedwagon, Styx and Ted Nugent—are teaming up again for another round of shows!
To say that everyone on the tour is excited to get back out there would be an understatement, in their own words:
“Due to the overwhelming success of last year’s tour, we are going to once again wind up the juggernaut of megatainment. Styx, REO and the Motor City Madman: there aren’t enough expletives in my vocabulary to explain how great this is…but I’ll try. This is going to be *$@&#@*&@# awesome!” – James “JY” Young, Styx (guitars, vocals)
“Yo, wake up everybody! Winter is over, the snow is melting, the sun is coming out--it's time for the second annual REO, Styx, Nugent springtime extravaganza. We had so much fun in 2012 we all decided to fire this ‘Midwest Rock 'n Roll Express’ thing up and do it again. Time to strap on our six strings, pack up the trucks and tour buses, get together with our best rock buddies and go out to have some big fun. See y'all soon.” – Kevin Cronin, REO Speedwagon (vocals, guitars, keyboards)
"Blazing vocal melodies and guitars, soaring arrangements steeped in Progressive Rock roots, heart touching ballads you know in your bones, and that's just my DAMN YANKEES brother TED NUGENT I'm talking about! Wait until STYX and REO take the stage! You might need to take the next day off after riding this glorious train!” -- Tommy Shaw, Styx (vocals, guitars)
“When you live the ultimate American guitar player's dream, with the ultimate grinding band, performing the most intense fun songs in the world to the most enthusiastic audiences alive, every tour and every concert is an indescribable celebration. Styx and REO deserve me. Here we come again baby, like dogs in heat!” --Ted Nugent
“The Midwest Rock ‘n Roll Express” tour racked in rave reviews during its debut run, including:
“Tuesday’s lineup of Ted Nugent, REO Speedwagon and Styx brought album-oriented rock to a rabid, near sold-out audience that ate up every lick, groove and wail like it was manna from heaven.
-- Candace Horgan, Denver Post
“The ‘Midwest Rock ‘N Roll Express’ tour proved to be aptly named and by the time the last guitar pick had been thrown and the final encore had faded away, it’s likely that more than a few in the audience were pulling out their smartphones to look for their chance to stow away as passengers to catch the next stop.”
--Matt Wardlaw, Ultimateclassicrock.com
“One would be hard pressed to find a tour line-up that can boast more combined top 40 hits and platinum recordings than that of Ted Nugent, REO Speedwagon and STYX…on this night, (the fans are) going to get their money’s worth.”
--Craig Ross, Guitarinternational.com
- May 17, 2013 at 7:00 PM